Dr. Martina Melzer, published: 09.08.2022
In her early 20s, Gwendolin Reinicke had mononucleosis - without knowing it at the time. From then on, her health went downhill, she had to interrupt her studies
and move back in with her parents. According to Charité Berlin (ME/CFS-specialists in Germany), she was moderately to severely affected by ME/CFS. Fibromyalgia, POTS, allergies and intolerances were added. Looking back, she says a combination of trauma and the
infection triggered the disease(s).
Gwendolin wrote the book "Chronisches Erschöpfungssyndrom – Heilung ist eine Option" (German), she has a YouTube channel (German) and works as a coach.
In the video interview, she talks about her time with ME/CFS, all the therapies she tried, and how the Lightning Process program finally helped her recover. Please note: The video is in German. You can activate the subtitle via the settings button and then choose your language.
Key points about recovery from the video:
- She did the CFS Health recovery program and learned a lot about pacing and her baseline there. But it didn't produce a breakthrough. https://www.cfshealth.com/
- Nutrition & supplements: she took a wide variety of supplements, they didn't help much. Orthomolecular medicine she tried for a while, but without much success. She cannot recommend fasting. She ate a low-sugar, high-protein diet.
- Cervical spine: The so-called smart therapy was supposed to be good for her cervical spine, but was too expensive in the long run.
- Breathing: She cites the Wimhof breathing technique as very helpful, which she still uses today to calm her nervous system.
Lightning Process: She speaks very openly about this controversial program, is sympathetic to the criticism, but it has been a breakthrough for her. The LP
essentially consists of an introductory video, a three-day seminar, and then time-limited coaching. The LP is based on neuroplasticity, the brain's ability to change. The body-mind
relationship is also important. Through special techniques you learn to retrain your brain (=brain training) and to regulate your nervous system. Gwendolin was not healthy after three days,
the program was rather the starting shot of her recovery. https://lightningprocess.com/
Her presentation on LP (German): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qI14FUmE1uc
Myths and criticism about the LP (German): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm2s5WQhqls
- Psyche & Mindset: Mental and emotional work played a central role in her recovery, as did working through her traumas. Also important: Having the right mindset.
- She says she is still working on her health, even though she has overcome ME/CFS.
- Her message: healing and getting better are an option, we are not victims of our disease, we can change things, we have to take action ourselves, become our own coach.
And now to the Kiwis: Gwendolin, who is now in her late 20s, feels that she hasn't really lived yet. That's why she has now given up her apartment and wants to
travel to New Zealand - perhaps to pick kiwis and certainly to experience a lot. Until then she is available as a coach, during her stay abroad it is best to contact her and ask for potential
This is how you can find Gwendolin Reinicke:
Website and Coaching: https://coachgwencom.wpcomstaging.com/
Translated with the help of DeepL
Important: The content on this page is for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for talking to your doctor or other therapist. The content reflects my personal experiences, research and findings that have helped me and that I therefore want to share. However, in your personal case, completely different things may play a role and other things may help. Please talk to your doctor or therapist before making any decisions that affect your physical or mental health. Also important: I don't want to convince anyone of anything here. Rather, I want to point out possible ways that hopefully can help some people to improve or overcome their Fatigue or ME/CFS. This also applies for Gwendolin Reinicke.